LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 195.62

Dox

Guest Guest

Ya ,i had installed the 195.62 by following steps..

1)Uninstall all nvidia drivers and intel drivers too..

2)Reboot into Safe mode ,clean all nvidia driver file by Deep sweeper tool.then reboot again...

3)Boot the laptop (F8) into Test Mode ( i found the desktop displays "Test Mode" on right side bottom..

4)Then i follow instruction provided by someone

5)The drivers can install successful ,but it is some times only (sometimes ,the screen become black when install the driver)

6)if success ,i reboot and keep test mode is on (by software).

7)when log into desktop screen,it work !!! Mode is Increase Performance .. I opened Starcraft2 to play that run in good quality...

8) :) but when i change back to saver power mode (disable 9600GT) ,the increase performance never come back even if i select the increase performance option again ~

HELP ~ all of S42 user ,are you keep use 185.85 rather than 195.62?

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Nautis1100

• Darmach

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone else have an issue with the latest Physx release PhysX 9.10.0129 combined with Dox's 195.62 Driver? Vantage crashes since my PhysX 9.10.0129 install and I see "C+++ library" on the toolbar, but the system is frozen and I have to log off to regain control. I get 3fps in Sacred 2 when I was getting playable rates before and Metro 2033 crashes with Physx [although that could be the GPU not handling it, not sure]. Mass Effect 2 and Overlord 2 run. I don't think it is Dox's driver outright as I had no problems with the old physx install present when I upgraded to 195.62. Just wondering if anyone else had an issue or not, I want to know if it's just me. I even clean installed everything, including Metro 2033 and installed the 8.09.04 first this time, but that did nothing.

What could be wrong?

Thanks!

Edited by thegreatsquare

Guest zzzzz

Latest Nvidia drivers released yesterday (197.13) supposed to fix the (sometimes very serious) fan control problem in previous release which was since pulled from the site due to the issue (196.75). Just wondering if there is a chance to get this new version modded. :)

Has anyone tried to install the new dox drivers on an Asus G71gx-rx05? Asus only allow you to run certified Asus drivers for the gtx260m but the dox 185 drivers worked great.

ASUS M50VN-AS023C - NVIDIA 9650m GT: Used Acronis True Image to restore a Clean Windows 7 x64 installation without graphic driver.

1st Round (18/09/2009):

Before bios update

176.92 - 4812

179.88 - 4982

185.85 Dox - 4905

186.91 - "Crashed"

190.89 - "Crashed"

191.00 - 4655

2nd Round (06/11/2009):

179.88 - 4991

186.69 - 5007

195.39 - 4633

3rd Round (20/12/2009):

179.88 - 4985

182.67 - 4632

185.85 Dox - 4906

186.69 - 5001

187.98 - 4644

195.39 - 4629

195.50 - 4637

195.55 - 4640

195.62 - 4640

195.81 - 4638

4th Round (21/03/2010)

186.69 - 5002

187.70 - 5001

188.81 - 5019

188.86 - "Crashed"

189.07 - "Crashed"

189.10 - 5011

189.42 - "Crashed"

195.62 Dox - 4921

196.86 - 4636

197.15 - 4656

Best driver EVEEEEEEEEEEEER for the 9600m gt

3D mark 06 : 195.62 stock : 4276

36 mark 06 : 195.62 Dox : 4520

THANK YOU DOX :) keep up the good work dude

Guest Brian Soto

I can write here like a visit, still cannot reply when sigh in. Well I download the driver and is working. Still looking for a good Over clocking program. I installed Riva tuner last version, the OC works (Still no difference in benchmark there are differences in game) Riva tuner not reccomend to over clock this driver. I think that is for this problem: I was playing Halo 2 in high res all ok, then I quit the game but the clock speed of CPU continues changing from idle to load and mantain the GPU 5C more hotter. I dont know why it make this, im not playing right now. Maybe using another program to OC is the best thing, What programs I can use for OC DOX?

Thanks

I've Hybrid GT 130 M nvidia anf GMA4500 Intel with Windows 7 on a ACER 5935G.

when I install the modded drivers(and reboot) my screen remains black. Everything loads, but no graphics (seems that the OS is displaying on another monitor, like when I'm using the overhead projector). The same issues I had with Win XP (I had to turn Nvidia card off) but NOT with the Acer original Drivers and NOT with Vista Home Basic with the Acers original drivers . What's wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Guest Faust

(not the infamous addendum to the thank you) This is a really minor issue, so minor I'm a little embarrassed to bring it up. Your other posts are so long I figure the answer lies in there some where - and I've googled adding the applet into the control panel - but wanted to ask you - what are the steps to re'add the nvidia control panel applet back into the Win7 control panel? I found a neat link but haven't tried it yet as I was unsure of all of the file(s) that comprise the nvidia applet My link so I thought if you have a few sec's maybe you could help me out.

Download the regular driver from nVidia's site, extract the files, and you'll find a separate installer for the Control Panel applet.

Dox, you make some solid drivers! Unfortunately, this latest causes Guild Wars to crash on my computer (Asus m51sn, geforce 9500ms, windows 7 32-bit ultimate). Only problem I have with it.

Guest WHAT?MYNAMEIS?

Seems to cause BSOD upon playing Just Cause 2 when using this driver. Can anyone confirm for me with this?

Not true. I also have played Just Cause 2 using this driver and i didn't get any BSOD :)

Download the regular driver from nVidia's site, extract the files, and you'll find a separate installer for the Control Panel applet.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate that!

Hey guys!

I recently re-activated my old Dell XPS M1710 and stumbled over these drivers.

This particular one (195.62) works great so far but I have one issue: I can't change the scaling to "fixed-aspect ratio" as it just resets to "NVIDIA scaling" after changing the setting and applying it.

I also tried lowering the resolution before changing the setting (I read about that somewhere) but that doesn't help.

It does work with the latest official beta driver for mobile GPUs iirc but that one has poor performance.

It really bugs me because I'd like to play Diablo 2 again (1.13 + ladder reset, woohoo!) but I can't stand the stretched image. I don't want to play in window mode either.

Does anyone know a solution or a driver with good performance (maybe another one from Dox?) in which the scaling works?

Greetings

FTI

P.S.: I have to apologize for my ridiculous English. :)

Hey guys!

I recently re-activated my old Dell XPS M1710 and stumbled over these drivers.

This particular one (195.62) works great so far but I have one issue: I can't change the scaling to "fixed-aspect ratio" as it just resets to "NVIDIA scaling" after changing the setting and applying it.

I also tried lowering the resolution before changing the setting (I read about that somewhere) but that doesn't help.

It does work with the latest official beta driver for mobile GPUs iirc but that one has poor performance.

It really bugs me because I'd like to play Diablo 2 again (1.13 + ladder reset, woohoo!) but I can't stand the stretched image. I don't want to play in window mode either.

Does anyone know a solution or a driver with good performance (maybe another one from Dox?) in which the scaling works?

Greetings

FTI

P.S.: I have to apologize for my ridiculous English. :)

I have XPS M1710 as well with Win 7 x64 and installed these drivers. I have been trying to run Just Cause 2 but it doesnt seem to work. I get fatal directx error code 4. Have you tried running the game on your laptop?

I have XPS M1710 as well with Win 7 x64 and installed these drivers. I have been trying to run Just Cause 2 but it doesnt seem to work. I get fatal directx error code 4. Have you tried running the game on your laptop?

EDIT: I know what the problem is: Just Cause 2 doesn't support DirectX 9 cards. You need at least a DirectX 10 card (GeForce 8XXX / Radeon 2XXX series or higher).

Edited by From The Internet

I can't change the scaling to "fixed-aspect ratio" as it just resets to "NVIDIA scaling" after changing the setting and applying it.

just set it to fixed aspect ratio, and then apply. the radio button switches back to another option,but when you start your game it should play with fixed aspect ratio.

this works great for me :)

My link

Guest gaius

Has anybody else tried to install the control panel in this fashion only to have the installation fail every time?

These are awesome drivers! Thanks Dox!! :)

I do have a small issue regarding the new Powermizer Manager. When I run the program, it gives me the "Nvidia Registry Key Not Found" error. Is this due to the fact that this driver is not meant to be used with the program, or because of Dox's customized Powermizer settings? Even though it's great that Dox provides us with Powermizer settings, the Powermizer Manager is better because it gives you options for both AC Power and Battery separately. So, can this be fixed or do I have to wait for a newer driver version?

BTW, perhaps you should remove the 1.0 links to the drivers in the first post because I kinda wonder if some of the issues people are having are related to using the 1.0 drivers vs the 1.1 drivers?

And it's kinda weird that the forum doesn't show a "Post last modified" for the first post in this thread...a glitch perhaps? If so, you should manually type it like "Last Updated on: 04.11.10" <-- would be helpful :)

Guest Happyusmc

looks great but it is possible to get one last XP version for the 190 series?

The reason being is that coreavc 2.0 only wants to use nvidia cuda if you have drivers past 191.07

I have a laptop sony vgn-ar290G with an nvidia 7600GT 256MB and it has nvidia cuda, but cant use the benefits of it in coreavc without a driver update.

It would be a benefit for those of us that cant update the laptop to windows 7 because they are limited to 2gb of ram and we want to be able to play some movies and games decently.