LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's NEW IDT/Sigmatel Modded Driver

Michael Marley

Try this INI. Don't forget to remove the .txt extension before moving it to the driver folder.

Ahhh cool, now if the driver file would download properly, i'd be able to test it. i cleaned out my download folder, and attempted to grab the file again. Unfortunately, the file was corrupted on your FTP site somehow. both using the automatic extracting and winrar manual extract. I knew i shouldn't have gotten rid of that file that i had!

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• erp-ster7n

• samozen

• coolguy16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michael, thanks for your effort.

I must say something about the latest IDT 6315 driver. I tried this driver (own modded ini) in my Vaio FZ. The audio with this driver sounds so bad, when compared to the 6224.7 Intel released desktop IDT driver (own modded ini). The sound is kind of muffled (no SRS enabled, no extras). The Windows default driver also sounds good.

Do you have any such issue with the latest driver?

Edited by coolguy16

Ahhh cool, now if the driver file would download properly, i'd be able to test it. i cleaned out my download folder, and attempted to grab the file again. Unfortunately, the file was corrupted on your FTP site somehow. both using the automatic extracting and winrar manual extract. I knew i shouldn't have gotten rid of that file that i had!

Try the download again. I moved the file to being hosted on LV2G's server instead. This should completely fix the corruption problems.

Michael, thanks for your effort.

I must say something about the latest IDT 6315 driver. I tried this driver (own modded ini) in my Vaio FZ. The audio with this driver sounds so bad, when compared to the 6224.7 Intel released desktop IDT driver (own modded ini). The sound is kind of muffled (no SRS enabled, no extras). The Windows default driver also sounds good.

Do you have any such issue with the latest driver?

No, I hadn't noticed anything. In fact, for the past few driver versions I had noted that with System Effects enabled at all (even without any filters explicitly turned on) that it made my audio sound like it had been run through high- and low-pass filters, in addition to being muffled.

Are you using my version of the 6315 driver or the original version from HP? If you are using my version, then you should either use my INIs or base your own modded INI off of my "default.ini" file. There are many configuration directives in regular INIs that enable effects and such, and my driver doesn't support that. If you aren't using my driver, then I think you should give it a shot. Your model should already be supported, but if not I can get it working.

Try the download again. I moved the file to being hosted on LV2G's server instead. This should completely fix the corruption problems.

Cool.. got the file, tried it with the INI you recommended. Upon trying this, i received an error message stating "Windows found driver software for your device, but encountered an error while attempting to install it. IDT HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODEC A device attached to the system is not functioning."

This m6300 model does not have a subwoofer, fwiw. Also no SPDIF or Optical outs. Has a Mic/Line in Jack, and a headphone Jack, as well as 2 internal speakers.

No, I hadn't noticed anything. In fact, for the past few driver versions I had noted that with System Effects enabled at all (even without any filters explicitly turned on) that it made my audio sound like it had been run through high- and low-pass filters, in addition to being muffled.

Are you using my version of the 6315 driver or the original version from HP? If you are using my version, then you should either use my INIs or base your own modded INI off of my "default.ini" file. There are many configuration directives in regular INIs that enable effects and such, and my driver doesn't support that. If you aren't using my driver, then I think you should give it a shot. Your model should already be supported, but if not I can get it working.

I am using the original 6315 driver from HP. I am using my own modded ini based on the Intel IDT ini. I will give your ini a shot. I had looked at it before, and noticed that it just had the bare bone settings.

What driver version are you using to get the ini?

Cool.. got the file, tried it with the INI you recommended. Upon trying this, i received an error message stating "Windows found driver software for your device, but encountered an error while attempting to install it. IDT HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODEC A device attached to the system is not functioning."

This m6300 model does not have a subwoofer, fwiw. Also no SPDIF or Optical outs. Has a Mic/Line in Jack, and a headphone Jack, as well as 2 internal speakers.

Are you running 32-bit?

I am using the original 6315 driver from HP. I am using my own modded ini based on the Intel IDT ini. I will give your ini a shot. I had looked at it before, and noticed that it just had the bare bone settings.

What driver version are you using to get the ini?

My INI is a stripped-down version of Mobilenvidia's INI from his driver.

Are you running 32-bit?

Win7 Home Premium x86 (32-bit) as i stated in my 1st post!

Thanks, Michael... I really appreciate ya helping me here!

Michael, you are right. I tried the driver with all the GFX, LFX lines removed from the ini and the sound is much better. I also removed the HP specific lines from the inf. I looked at your inf and ini for reference.

Do you know how to make the headphone jack to show up as an independent entry in playback devices instead of the combined "Speakers / HP"?

The default Windows audio driver used to do this. I want the headphone to be independent, because I don't want to keep lowering the speaker volume when connecting the external speakers.

Thanks for your help.

Win7 Home Premium x86 (32-bit) as i stated in my 1st post!

Thanks, Michael... I really appreciate ya helping me here!

Sorry...there must be a bug in the 32bit INF. I will have a look at it.

Michael, you are right. I tried the driver with all the GFX, LFX lines removed from the ini and the sound is much better. I also removed the HP specific lines from the inf. I looked at your inf and ini for reference.

Do you know how to make the headphone jack to show up as an independent entry in playback devices instead of the combined "Speakers / HP"?

The default Windows audio driver used to do this. I want the headphone to be independent, because I don't want to keep lowering the speaker volume when connecting the external speakers.

Thanks for your help.

As far as I know, that can't be done. I wish I could do it with my PC as well.

Guest ~BlackStone

I am not trying to thread jack... but I am right in thinking this IDT/Sigmatel isn't compatible with my Sigmatel CMajor...

I just had to ask... especially before I go run my mouth over at the HP forums where people are asking for Sigmatel/CMajor drivers and are getting pointed to IDT/Sigmatel drivers left and right... (and considering I have tried all the drivers linked that are IDT, and your custom drivers forced install, with no luck... well FUN STUFF!), and for some of them it works (the must have IDT, for the majority they werent!)

I have an old Dell D810 and decided to throw Windows 7 on it but got no sound sadly!

(this thing is a beast, the processor may suck, but its got 2GB DDR2, an nVidia Quadro FX 1400, I put a 7200RPM to replace the 4200RPM drive, AND its one of the only laptops ever put out with a 1920x1200 resolution screen!!! ###### 16:9, for movies sure, but for ALL ELSE 16:10... that NARROW arse WIDE screen pisses me off... ok sorry for the rant... it just came out)

~BlackStone

I am not trying to thread jack... but I am right in thinking this IDT/Sigmatel isn't compatible with my Sigmatel CMajor...

I just had to ask... especially before I go run my mouth over at the HP forums where people are asking for Sigmatel/CMajor drivers and are getting pointed to IDT/Sigmatel drivers left and right... (and considering I have tried all the drivers linked that are IDT, and your custom drivers forced install, with no luck... well FUN STUFF!), and for some of them it works (the must have IDT, for the majority they werent!)

Do you get a Code 10? What is your chip's SUBSYS ID?

I have an old Dell D810 and decided to throw Windows 7 on it but got no sound sadly!

(this thing is a beast, the processor may suck, but its got 2GB DDR2, an nVidia Quadro FX 1400, I put a 7200RPM to replace the 4200RPM drive, AND its one of the only laptops ever put out with a 1920x1200 resolution screen!!! ###### 16:9, for movies sure, but for ALL ELSE 16:10... that NARROW arse WIDE screen pisses me off... ok sorry for the rant... it just came out)

~BlackStone

I don't like 16:9 laptops much, either. They will have to pry my 16:10 laptop from my cold, dead hands. :)

Guest ~BlackStone

Yes I do get a CODE 10, more info:

SUBSYS_01861028

Sigmatel 9751

yep... besides the fact that dv9x series (well the 9000 series, cant speak for the new design), blew arse for design (overheating, my 5 dead mobos needed reflow that i just trashed because reflow wasnt local at the time), but had a 1680x1050 AKA 16:10 screen... ill keep buying a mobo for that thing just for the 16:10... so my cold, dead, shreaded, bloody hands HAR HAR HAR...

Hi Michael,

You are doing tremendous thing.

i have whole big bunch of people suffering from the problem you are trying to solve.

I hope I'll get a lot of feedback from them for you.

God Bless You, Man.

Alex.

Hi Michael,

You are doing tremendous thing.

i have whole big bunch of people suffering from the problem you are trying to solve.

I hope I'll get a lot of feedback from them for you.

God Bless You, Man.

Alex.

Sorry...there must be a bug in the 32bit INF. I will have a look at it.

Aye... its all good! Whenever you can, is fine for me. I might take a look at it - not that i'd be able to do anything most likely - when i get done working on my desktop.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this!

eviltone Try this ini file and see if the driver will work this time. http://www.mediafire.com/?w8sbyxcclz8f71m

No go... *sadface* i took a look at it myself today after i finished fixing my desktop. Didnt see anything wrong in the .INF's or the .INI's

One last time eviltone. This time it is the whole driver this time. If this 1 works, u will get an eq with this. http://www.mediafire.com/?ti331bpik0hk4be

Ok, it installed.... but, no sound over the internal laptop speakers. Sound comes thru the headphone jack when headphones are plugged in.

But, there is no sound coming out of the laptops internal speakers.

we're getting there!!!

also the EQ doesnt work.. which i dont even care about.. :)

Edited by eviltone

saw you added support for alienware so i gave the drivers another shot. unfortunately im getting the code 10 error previously mentioned by others in the thread. does this driver offer any advantages over the stock driver installed by windows update?

saw you added support for alienware so i gave the drivers another shot. unfortunately im getting the code 10 error previously mentioned by others in the thread. does this driver offer any advantages over the stock driver installed by windows update?

If you give me the SUBSYS ID of your audio chip, I can troubleshoot your problem.

My driver is significantly better than the Microsoft default HDA driver. Its advantages over the stock IDT driver are that it is lighter weight and supports many cards from many manufacturers in one driver.