LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Instead of using the installer try installing the inf manually.

When you open the setup it will extract the files into a folder on your desktop, just leave the setup open and then just go to your device manager and update the drivers from there. Make sure you uninstall any other video drivers before you do this.

This method worked for me.

Thanks tbob..i`ll try it later

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ShnikeJSB

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that Fenuxx (AKA GeforceTony) has come back after a long hiatus and released his final "NBF MobileForce Se7en 190.38" modded drivers! I myself got some good results out of these tweaked drivers. We need more feedback on them, so go ahead and throw them on your system and report back. While you are waiting for Dox to come back from HIS hiatus in a couple months, why not give these a shot?

Fenuxx was of course the Xtreme-G mobile driver modder at the old TweaksRus back in 2005-2007 (and TweakForce for a short time), so he does know what he is doing. We also need more beta testers who will ACTUALLY report back to us with findings for future releases. 72 people downloaded the betas, and only a couple reported anything back at all.

So, grab 'em, bench 'em, stress 'em, enjoy 'em, and tell us what you think!

8600m gs users. Im runing Win7 x64 and got a 3dmark increase of 20 points. Although when i tested the driver in Crysis / crysis warhead i get wierd resolution glitch and also much worse performance over my favourtie 182.05 performance option driver ! Either way keep on roling dox, im testing everything i can ! :)

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that Fenuxx (AKA GeforceTony) has come back after a long hiatus and released his final "NBF MobileForce Se7en 190.38" modded drivers! I myself got some good results out of these tweaked drivers. We need more feedback on them, so go ahead and throw them on your system and report back. While you are waiting for Dox to come back from HIS hiatus in a couple months, why not give these a shot?

Fenuxx was of course the Xtreme-G mobile driver modder at the old TweaksRus back in 2005-2007 (and TweakForce for a short time), so he does know what he is doing. We also need more beta testers who will ACTUALLY report back to us with findings for future releases. 72 people downloaded the betas, and only a couple reported anything back at all.

So, grab 'em, bench 'em, stress 'em, enjoy 'em, and tell us what you think!

Any idea if these work with hybrid intel/nvidia like the 4500mhd/9300m gs?

Guest ShnikeJSB

Any idea if these work with hybrid intel/nvidia like the 4500mhd/9300m gs?

Tony says there should be hybrid functionality, as he turned them all on in the modded INF and such, but we aren't sure if it works, because we haven't had any hybrid testers. If you'd like to, we'd appreciate you trying them and testing that functionality to see if it does indeed work. :)

Tony says there should be hybrid functionality, as he turned them all on in the modded INF and such, but we aren't sure if it works, because we haven't had any hybrid testers. If you'd like to, we'd appreciate you trying them and testing that functionality to see if it does indeed work. :)

For sure, I'll try them out at report back. Thanks. :)

Edit: It seems like it does not work.. After installing the driver the Intel seems to work fine but the nVidia has an error in the device properties "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"..

Edited by tbob18

In all the research I've done, it suggests that the HybridPower stuff that your laptop supports is extremely finicky. It's hit and miss, but I'm not giving up just yet. My suggestion to you would be to completely reinstall both the Intel and NVIDIA drivers, using my directions POSTED HERE.

I strongly suggest using Driver Cleaner (if you can't afford it, and I sympathize; grab Driver Sweeper). Uninstall BOTH the Intel and NVIDIA drivers, follow my instructions, and finally install the Intel drivers, followed by the NVIDIA drivers.

It also could be that you don't have an updated version of your Intel drivers, so make sure you grab the latest version of those as well.

I'd appreciate it if NBF Mobileforce support was given in notebookforums.com not in in here. But by all means talk about the Mobileforce drivers, just dont use this place or me as tech support.

It takes alot more work to get hybrid graphics working into vanilla drivers. NBF Mobileforce drivers does not have hybrid graphics capability.

Simply modding pieters modded inf wont do im afraid.

Hybrid SLI may work with NBF mobile force 190.38 but perhaps not as effectively as my 185.85.

Alot of extensive work was done in testing and adding hybrid sli and graphics settings to my 185.85 and it was found that those settings seem to have the better results of all the settings out there.

Again please do not hijack this thread or posts will be deleted.

For thos wondering, yes I am still modding drivers but work is more important at the moment :)

I'd just like to know, once and for all, is Win XP (32bit) supported or not? In the first two pages of the thread I saw people saying "No WinXP Support :)?" but nobody ever replied to them to give a conclusive answer...

Hi Dox (& Nautis),

Thanks for your idea (a hybrid graphic driver) and I think this is why my VAIO (VGN-SZ55GN) keeps failing me (I can hardly use official-released drivers since I'm installing non-default OS and thus nVidia graphic card cannot be initialised).

Since my unit only supports hardware switching, I'm looking forward to your coming release as I understand that hardware switch is still not fully functioned.

Btw I'd like to find out if this package will support GMA X3100? Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by Ayukawa

Guest Hybrid User

Using hybrid SLI on Geforce 9400, GTX 280M, GTX 280M. Driver benchmarks amazingly well on a performance level but the screen is "distorted" and unreadable. The error looks like it needs to be degaussed or is out of range. If you take a screenshot, save it, and roll back the drivers the picture appears as normal. Tried on multiple resolutions. So far only Nvidia drivers 179.85 and 186.24 are able to work without graphical issues. I will give more information as I can.

~Zig

I'd just like to know, once and for all, is Win XP (32bit) supported or not? In the first two pages of the thread I saw people saying "No WinXP Support :)?" but nobody ever replied to them to give a conclusive answer...

no

Hi Dox (& Nautis),

Thanks for your idea (a hybrid graphic driver) and I think this is why my VAIO (VGN-SZ55GN) keeps failing me (I can hardly use official-released drivers since I'm installing non-default OS and thus nVidia graphic card cannot be initialised).

Since my unit only supports hardware switching, I'm looking forward to your coming release as I understand that hardware switch is still not fully functioned.

Btw I'd like to find out if this package will support GMA X3100? Thanks for your hard work.

I am not sure when the next version will be out but I will endeavour to make sure it works.

For my Geforce Go 7600 what should I choose? Standard Single/SLI, Hybrid Graphics or Hybrid SLI?

hi DoX, recently, something happen to my OS again..

i am using BenQ s42, running on Windows 7 64-bit, and i don know what happen, but since few days back your driver stop loading, and i notice that the nVidia card is disabled. I try to enabled it again, and what i get is driver error

i tried to reinstall the driver again, but after disabling digital signature enforcement, my LCD went off at the loading screen but i can still hear the windows log in sound..is there anyway to save my from my current problem?

tq

you'll just have to uninstall my driver and use another driver.

you'll just have to uninstall my driver and use another driver.

I find it funny people expect you to solve all their problems. No matter how many times you write "I am not a tech support center", people just keep coming and asking questions. People need to realize this is a hobby, not a business. Dox owes nobody anything.

With that said, I have a simple question for you. Do you use your own 185.85 driver for your 8800m gtx? Or some newer driver?

I find it funny people expect you to solve all their problems. No matter how many times you write "I am not a tech support center", people just keep coming and asking questions. People need to realize this is a hobby, not a business. Dox owes nobody anything.

With that said, I have a simple question for you. Do you use your own 185.85 driver for your 8800m gtx? Or some newer driver?

i understand that DoX own nobody anything, just that his driver is the only hope for my laptop to run on 64-bit, since benq is genius enough to not come out with a 64-bit driver. It's not like i havent try all the methods, just that because i tried them all and couldnt work, i come back and asked is there other alternatives to get my laptop's graphic card working.

i admit, i was hoping that DoX would solve my problem, but even if he did not, some other users that face the same problem as me might just have the answer for my solution. This is a forum, it is meant for discussions.

@DoX: i guess i have no choice, i will format to W7 32-bit later..thanks anyway

I'm still using 185.85 (my own) I tried the 19x.xx driver as a play for the next release.

i understand that DoX own nobody anything, just that his driver is the only hope for my laptop to run on 64-bit, since benq is genius enough to not come out with a 64-bit driver. It's not like i havent try all the methods, just that because i tried them all and couldnt work, i come back and asked is there other alternatives to get my laptop's graphic card working.

i admit, i was hoping that DoX would solve my problem, but even if he did not, some other users that face the same problem as me might just have the answer for my solution. This is a forum, it is meant for discussions.

@DoX: i guess i have no choice, i will format to W7 32-bit later..thanks anyway

to be honest, I love to help but some answers I do not know.

I have no access to hybrid graphics :|

IF i did i would get a better understanding.

Guest namaiki

Regarding the Joybook S42 (9600M GT/4500MHD) and Windows 7 64-bit, Dox 185.85 64-bit runs perfect if you use this patch(I hope Nautis doesn't mind that I'm linking; please delete if any potential objections).

Regarding the Joybook S42 (9600M GT/4500MHD) and Windows 7 64-bit, Dox 185.85 64-bit runs perfect if you use this patch(I hope Nautis doesn't mind that I'm linking; please delete if any potential objections).

cool stuff.

Yeah you know I had all intentions on posting that here when I uploaded it and I guess I overlooked it. I could have sworn I posted it though, sorry about that Dox and everyone. I also want to apologize for neglecting the conversation here on Hybrid Graphics. It is more my expertise than Doxs since I have a Vaio Z (Hybrid Graphics) and have done a ton of research and experimentation with it. Life gets busy and you learn that you can't focus on as much as you might like to. Thanks for keeping an eye on that stuff namaiki.

yeah no worries Nautis. I know exactly how you feel, I am in the same situation.

The company I work for is winning alot of contracts and we are busy keeping up with the workload.

Its a nice problem to have in the current economic climate :), but after work I just dont feel like modding drivers :|