LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

I have been using 275.33 since I brought a factory-refub UL80VT for the last 2 months. I replaced nvam.inf found here

http://forums.laptop...s/page__st__280 and did a clean install. It has been working fine since.

He said hybrid-switchable (non-Optimus). AFAIK no one has been able to go beyond 263.14.

Check out this thread on another forum:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/342947-my-discoveries-vaio-z-s-hybrid-graphics.html

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Guest Alexis29

Can someone please help me? What is the most stable hybrid drivers package for FS Amilo Xi3650 Nvidia 9600mGT Windows 7 64bit? I'm currently using the drivers provided from fujitsu for GeForce GT130M but I'm having several problems like unexpecting black screen and crashes on gaming. Also, how do I do a clean installation of a new driver package?

Please, this SLi technology is very frustrating. I'm desperate!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Uploading a new full package of [N258.96 / I2020] with PhysX, HDAudio and the INF included. I don't expect this to work fully for everyone right of the bat and will need testing. On my VPC model Vaio Z I have backlight adjustment issues, switching to intel and back seems to fix them though.

-

EDIT:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS DRIVER SET HAS BEEN POSTED FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY!

Hybrid Graphics Master Set – Nvidia 258.96 / Intel 2020 [beta 1] Windows 7/Vista 64bit

Make sure your notebook has the latest BIOs as many have fixes for Hybrid Graphics issues.

Uninstall your existing graphics drivers when set to Speed/Performance/Nvidia and make sure you see both Video Devices in Device manager before installing.

Download the Hybrid Graphics Master Set – Nvidia 258.96 / Intel 2020 Windows 7/Vista 64bit [beta 1]

Download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO)from NGO

Extract N25896_I2020_x64_FULL.exe and run Setup.exe in the folder you extracted it to.

After installation is finished do not reboot instead run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO) [dseo13b.exe].

In Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO) choose “Enable Test Mode” and click “Next” then “Ok”.

After Test Mode has been set choose “Sign a System File” -> “Next” and then type or paste the following

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys

Or whatever location your Windows is installed

Click “Ok”

Choose Sign a “System File” AGAIN then “Next” and type or paste

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

Or whatever location your Windows is installed

Reboot and the drivers should work.

-

259.09 currently in testing.

I have finished doing fresh/clean install of Win7 64 bit. Bios is 1.20. I'm trying to install the vga driver 258.96. I have disabled automatic driver installation from windows 7, because it keep installing the intel part driver with "Mobile Intel® 45 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)". Nautis mentioned that "Uninstall your existing graphics drivers when set to Speed/Performance/Nvidia and make sure you see both Video Devices in Device manager before installing". Because my Windows 7 is fresh install, i don't have any graphic driver at all so I can't set it to Speed/Performance. "Make sure you see both Video Devices in Device Manager before installing", does this mean both driver listed as Video Controller (VGA Compatible) in Other Devices branch within Device Manager or should I update both driver with Standard VGA Graphic-Adapter so that both appear in Display Adapter branch (though the NVIDIA 9600GT-based driver part always disabled each time I'm updating it) ?

And one more question, which one is the correct sequence to install the driver? Is it Install driver 258.96, run dseo13b, enable test mode, reboot, sign both sys files, reboot; or Install driver 258.96, run dseo13b, enable test mode, sign both sys files, then reboot ?

Pls Nautis or anybody, I need some help here.

Thanks btw,

Hi,

my laptop is different from yours, so I can only give general advice.

before installing

1. disconnect from the internet so Windows Update doesn't 'help' by finding drivers for you.

2. set the speed/stamina switch to speed.

3. both devices under graphics adapters should show VGA compatible (one of these will have a problem, but that's OK).

4. disable UAC

5. enable test mode

6. reboot.

Now install, sign the sys files as instructed, and reboot.

You should also look at this thread:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/342947-my-discoveries-vaio-z-s-hybrid-graphics.html If there is a signed driver there (non beta) for your laptop, then all this test mode and driver signing can be avoided.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alexis29

I get black screen ALL THE TIME with "HGMS_N19197_I1994_x64" drivers in my FS Amilo 3650 9600mGT when Nvidia graphics are switched on. Also, I cannot get to work "HGMS_N26590_I2226_x64" package. After running "test mode" in dso the computer reboots and the frakkin black screen appears and remains! The only solution that worked great for me is when I installed the unsupported package for x64 systems from Fujitsu's website. This is really frustrating! Never again Hybrid Graphics on my laptop!!! I mean it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have an ACER 5935G. I set the video mode to discrete graphics from BIOS. integrated GMA 4500 MHD from Intel, discrete nVIDIA GeForce GT 130 M graphic cards exist. I wasn't able to switch on windows 7 x64, I am using win 7 x 64 since a months and the problem started today. I tried to change the setting on windows and, I lost the display. There is no acer logo, no "press F2 to enter bios" , no windows. Only full screen colors in order. And the order is white, red, green, blue, light gray, dark gray, vertical gray lines, horizontal gray lines, black. then starting from white again. I've always hated that hybrid graphics, but it was working file since I ve installed win 7x64 because it was only using nVIDIA.

Does anyone has any idea?

Guest xlovex.yang

I have finished doing fresh/clean install of Win7 64 bit. Bios is 1.20. I'm trying to install the vga driver 258.96. I have disabled automatic driver installation from windows 7, because it keep installing the intel part driver with "Mobile Intel® 45 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)". Nautis mentioned that "Uninstall your existing graphics drivers when set to Speed/Performance/Nvidia and make sure you see both Video Devices in Device manager before installing". Because my Windows 7 is fresh install, i don't have any graphic driver at all so I can't set it to Speed/Performance. "Make sure you see both Video Devices in Device Manager before installing", does this mean both driver listed as Video Controller (VGA Compatible) in Other Devices branch within Device Manager or should I update both driver with Standard VGA Graphic-Adapter so that both appear in Display Adapter branch (though the NVIDIA 9600GT-based driver part always disabled each time I'm updating it) ?

And one more question, which one is the correct sequence to install the driver? Is it Install driver 258.96, run dseo13b, enable test mode, reboot, sign both sys files, reboot; or Install driver 258.96, run dseo13b, enable test mode, sign both sys files, then reboot ?

Pls Nautis or anybody, I need some help here.

Thanks btw,

i have the same laptop - benq s42. my system is windows 7 x64 sp1. my bios is V1.20. for some reason, i cannot install the "HGMS_N26590_I2226_x64" package. i did everything as instructed, but while installing the driver, it always pops up that "one key component cannot be installed....." then the installation would abort. i can install the driver in safemode, but after reboot, i cannot switch to nvidia video card.

this is so frustrating, because other S42 owners all seem to report they can get this latest video driver to work smoothly.

please, can anyone help?

Guest xlovex.yang

i have the same laptop - benq s42. my system is windows 7 x64 sp1. my bios is V1.20. for some reason, i cannot install the vga driver 258.96. i did everything as instructed, but while installing the driver, it always pops up that "one key component cannot be installed....." then the installation would abort. i can install the driver in safemode, but after reboot, i cannot switch to nvidia video card.

this is so frustrating, because other S42 owners all seem to report they can get this latest video driver to work smoothly.

please, can anyone help?

sorry, i typed in the wrong driver version in previous post. my problem is with vga driver 258.96.

please, someone help me!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Japalax

Hi folks, I just got my hands on a xps 1340 with win 7x64 hybrid-sli 9400M G + G210M, I'm running forceware 186.33, and I'm looking for new video drivers, can you advise me on what drivers I need.

thanks.

After a lot of testing with my asus ul50vt i could post my experience with the 260.63/2020 Driver i has tested it first with a uninstall of the old driver

and cleaning the system. I has worked but not realy it was only possible to switch one time without reboot and many programms has blocked.

With a clean and new windows 7 installation it works all very well. I could play fallout new vegas in 1366*768 with real low detail and performance packed.

Only one thing works not perfect, a full hd monitor on hdmi if i set it as second display hdcp is not activated and the picture is not so good.

If i set the full hd monitor as screen one hdcp is activated and the picture is perfect.

Thanks a lot to nauti

I had been waiting for an official GPU driver update from ASUS for my ASUS UL50VT for a long time...

Obviously, ASUS aren't releasing any since after so many years have passed....

I thought I can live with the ancient GPU driver that shipped with the ASUS UL50VT even though the stock driver keeps causing my laptop to reboot (BSOD) from time to time, now I finally realized that I can't stand it any longer...

Why? because I am a Firefox user and have been experiencing very slow performance on the last few major revisions, i.e. Firefox 5, 6, 7. I have been wondering what the problem was until I was wondering if my Firefox has hardware acceleration enabled or not... As soon as I run the check, I suddenly realized why my Firefox keeps lagging so much, consumes ridiculous amount of ram and cpu. (FYI, Chrome was able to utilize hardware acceleration even on the ancient GPU driver...). This is because Firefox needs 257 or newer GPU driver in order to enable hardware acceleration.

Then, I quickly proceed to search the internet and find the latest driver mod for it (I knew a driver mod was available ages ago but I just didn't bother to go through the trouble to try it.). However, I downloaded all the hybrid drivers from this forum, tried every single one of them but none of them worked.....(this took me the entire day...sigh..)

This does not make sense because others have quoted the driver working on my laptop, ASUS UL50VT.

So, I resort to test the driver on a fresh installation of Windows 7 64 bit ultimate with SP1 . Here is my results

Asus UL50VT, running a freah installation of Windows 7 64 bit ultimate with SP1

265.90 - Can install but after reboot, the screen is black, can't see anything.

260.63 - Working perfectly (on the 2nd try, 1st try did't work for some odd reason, Windows says some driver component cannot be loaded/found or similar). I can switch the Nvidia GPU on and off with this driver by clicking on the icon at the taskbar, great.

258.96 - cannot install

258.49 - cannot install

197 (from an earlier thread) - seems to work fine, can switch the Nvidia GPU on and off. However, this is still too old to enable Firefox hardware acceleration.

As mentioned by someone in this thread, it is actually easiest to press F8 and select disable driver signature check when testing new driver rather than using the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider software.

Finally, if you also have a similar issue with very slow Firefox running on Nvidia + Intel Hybrid graphics card. Check and see if your Firefox's hardware acceleration is enabled or not (google how to do this). If not, your only option is to upgrade to a newer driver or switch to Chrome if you can't be bothered or don't have the skill to install non-official drivers.

From this forum, I see that Optimus driver doesn't allow the system to switch off the Nvidia GPU. Hence, I think I would stick with 260.63 for the time being.....

Thanks you Nautis for making this driver available to us all. I know it is a very tedious and time consuming process to test as well as modify the driver. I nearly gave up when the driver fail to work after I have tried it all day on Windows 7 I was running, until I decide to try it with a fresh installation as well. Thank you for continuing to help everyone using the hybrid graphics card...

I hope this new driver will also solve (or at least reduce) the BSOD problem I have been having since the first day I brought this laptop.... ASUS support isn't helping and the BSOD problem is almost impossible to reproduce.... it is so random and can sometimes run perfectly for days.... (I will come back and comment or maybe try the Optimus driver if I experienced further BSOD. So far, zero BSOD though....)

Btw, there is a newer version of Power4Gear Hybrid V1.1.48 and Wireless console V3.0.24, which I have installed and works fine on the UL50VT at the time this is posted.

Edited by Eric Wong

I have a Lenovo Y570 with a GeForce GT 555M in it. I tried the drivers that you have but I get the message no hardware found.

I have a Lenovo Y570 with a GeForce GT 555M in it. I tried the drivers that you have but I get the message no hardware found.

I would suggest you search or read through the entire thread to find someone with exactly the same laptop model as yours. Hopefully, you can see which version is tested to be working on your specific laptop.

Otherwise, the alternative is do the same as me. Install a fresh copy of windows and test every single one you wanted to use there.

I had the same issue of having "no hardware found" when I first tried it in my laptop too on some versions of the driver regardless how many times I tried (that's why it took me ages...).

This disappeared when I was using a fresh windows installation.

Guest 98percentMonkey

Hello,

first of all, I would like to thank the ones who are making updated drivers for our laptops possible. And I think it's a shame that laptop developers like asus do not support them in the right way.

So, my questions is:

Are there newer drivers for my

ASUS UL80V Laptop with the nVidia Geforce G210M Cude 512MB

than this file:

HGMS_N25849_I1994_x64_BETA1.exe ?

any help would be appreciated.

Guest Erman_8

Hi folks, I just got my hands on a xps 1340 with win 7x64 hybrid-sli 9400M G + G210M, I'm running forceware 186.33, and I'm looking for new video drivers, can you advise me on what drivers I need.

thanks.

Hi guys,

I bought my dell xps 1340 about 2 years ago. And ever since I found out about the issues with the nVidia hybrid drivers i am very very dissapointed in Dell.

I hope somebody can help me out with the same hybrid-sli (Geforce 9400M & 210M)!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jaroslaw

Hello everyone,

Firstly, excuse my ignorance, but I seem to be unable to get it working :/

I have read the thread, but my lameness is overwhelming as it appears.

I recently had a laptop replaced under warranty.

However the problem that annoyed me prevoiusly is back again and after reading the thread I suspect it might be Intel and Nvidia cards not working well together.

Some quick facts.

My laptop is wretched Dell Vostro 3750 with Nvidia 525M (drv version (267,21) 8.17.12.6721)and Intel HD graphics (drv version 8.15.10.2345). Drivers were downloaded from Dell site and are dated 2011-02-18 and 2011-03-26 respectively.

Now what I did with the new laptop is: I installed Intel drivers only (nvidia was as a standard vga) - in that configuration laptop is fine for web browsing etc as it does not use that much of a gpu.

The problems start when I installed nvidia drivers and wanted to play World of Warcraft a bit. Every now and then (no regular intervals whatsoever) laptop crashes and I get a screen that looks like this:

imag0085m.th.jpg

imag0084gc.th.jpg

imag0083q.th.jpg

Laptop freezes and has to be powered off.

It also happens when viewing movies in fullscreen.

I tried to uninstall and turn off Intel in device manager so it would use Nvidia solely, but to no avail-even though Nvidia drivers are installed I cannot set Nvidia as primary display device.

Now, to be honest I tried to add my nvidia to device list file and change the ini file but I failed miserably ;)

I am running Win 7 pro 64bit version.

Hardware IDs for nvidia are

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF5&SUBSYS_04C61028&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF5&SUBSYS_04C61028

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF5&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF5&CC_0300

If you could possibly advise whether or not new drivers were issued for that model or where do I need to add that lines that would be great.

I cannot think of anything else to try with the laptop and merchant is somehow reluctant to replace it with a model with one graphic card :/

In case you need any more info, let me know.

One more thing, since I can't find edit option :(

Laptop is not overheating, max temp is 65 Celcius on gpu and it has no other software installed - just OS, drivers and WoW.

Exactly the same happened with the previous one, therefore I guess it's not a faulty hardware problem since prevoius one had a motherboard replaced as well.

Regards,

Guest Geomancer

I managed to install the newest package I found in this thread (260.63/2020), I couldn't do a clean install in my laptop (UL30vt) because I don't have a flash drive available at the moment..

Deleting the original Intel drivers is needed, because every time you uninstall them, windows install them automatically, even when you have set the automatic installs to "never"..

What I had to do, is delete the intel drivers from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. First you find the name of the driver, in Device Manager > Intel Device > Properties > Driver Detail.. then you search the driver name in the FileRepository folder, and delete them.. Probably you will need to take ownership of the file, to do so, save the following as something.reg (note the extension), and run it.. then you can do right button > take ownership on any file and delete it without problem.. after that, the new driver will install flawlessly..

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

Or for lazy users just use Unlocker.

Guest Geomancer

After a couple of hours playing Football Manager 2012 I can say the drivers work fine.. using the Integrated graphics actually seems to disable the nvidia gpu, because the consumption is arround 7.5w to 9w, pretty close to stock drivers..

In Firefox hardware acceleration is disabled using Intel graphics, I didn't tested with another browser..

Overall the performance is great, I remember playing FM 2011 in the lowest graphic settings, and being choppy at times, and now is working flawlessly at medium.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

first of all, thanks that someone works on drivers for hybrid grafic laptops. I have installed the driver (258.49) and both graficcards are working but now i can't change the brightness anymore(not with the fn button and even not in the energyoptions)...i have an Asus UL80VT... maybe someone has the same problem and knows how to fix it...

thanks

Hi,

first of all, thanks that someone works on drivers for hybrid grafic laptops. I have installed the driver (258.49) and both graficcards are working but now i can't change the brightness anymore(not with the fn button and even not in the energyoptions)...i have an Asus UL80VT... maybe someone has the same problem and knows how to fix it...

thanks

Hi,

thanks

sry wrong driver it was 258.96 Win 7 64bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beginner here.

I stumbled across this site because I am looking for a way to install Windows XP on my laptop, I really don't like Vista or 7 at all - I won't go into the reasons in depth, but mostly because I find Windows XP more easier, cleaner gui and I can run Applications and Games that I can't in 7 (even XP mode struggles). Overall I just love XP, that and the fact I don't like having Windows 7 forced on me, I bought the laptop I want the choice!

First I will post my main system specs:

Medion X6815 Erazer

Intel i7 2670QM

4GB DDR3

Intel HD / GT 555M 2GB Optimus

Intel Centrino N 1030 Wifi

I have managed to install my XP 32-bit no problems, thankfully I have the IDE option in the BIOS. The tricky part I knew would be the drivers, from my manufacturer's website there is no real XP support.

I have managed to install drivers for the Intel HD graphics and the Intel Centrino Wifi.

Now here is my major issue, which I think this website could maybe help me with. I cannot find any compatible GT 555M XP drivers anywhere. I don't care if I have to run the laptop on the GT 555M all the time, or in Optimus mode - whichever way I need to have that card working, otherwise it's just a waste of a good card sitting there :(

Would someone be kind enough to assist me on my quest to XP.

Regards, Craig.