LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Guest AlexCiucu

Ok I installed it overwritten, and setup cannot install because they say it's not compatible with the video hardware.

Ohh....what can i do? :)

Ok iu'm back. I managed to install the latest verde driver for nvidia, but the problem persists.

For instance, I right clicked then propeties - the nvidia driver in device manager: PCI Slot 17 (PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0)

- the intl hd driver in device manager: PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0

What does it mean ?

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

I currently have Hybrid Graphics Master Set - Nvidia 265.90/Intel 2226 64bit uploaded for testing here. It should cover all Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel HD. It is very much still in testing and USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Make sure if you test these to do the driver signing & test mode as seen in the first post or they will not work. I cant guarantee it will work as I haven't had testing with all Intel HD based Hybrid Graphics notebooks yet. So this is still in the alpha/beta stage.

Hello Nautis :) :)

Is this driver can use on benq s42?

I have try it on my s42. install driver complete restart, test mode on restart, sign driver and restart again.

Nothing happen on my screen. Now i'm roll back to 258.96

Thank for new driver

Edited by I'm Benz

I have included all 14 (or so) of the Hybrid Graphics notebooks that I know about in the INF. This means they should install and you can test if they will work, but most likely the Intel side will only function proerly on Hybrid Graphics notebooks with an "Intel HD Graphics" GPU (i3/i5/i7 CPU).

I will be releasing a version that works on Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel GMA 4500M GPUs hopefully soon. Ironically the M11xR1 (with A05 BIOS) has a Intel GMA 4500M and the Intel side should work on it. It is one of the only with Intel GMA 4500M that I have seen so far that works with these newer Intel drivers.

Most Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel GMA 4500M will require the Intel side to be no higher than 8.10.15.2020.

If you have an Intel GMA 4500M (excluding the M11xR1) and try these, your computer may boot into windows with a black screen and give a black screen any time switched to the Intel GPU. If your computer has an Intel GMA 4500M and these work fine for you please let me know.

So

Intel HD Graphics & M11xR1 users = the Nvidia 265.90/ Intel 2226 package "should" work assuming I have configured everything correctly for your model.

Intel GMA 4500M users = the Nvidia 265.90/ Intel 2226 package will most likely result in a black screen when switched to the Intel side. I will be releasing a Nvidia 265.90/ Intel 2020 package for Intel GMA 4500M users that the Intel portion should function correctly with.

Guest AlexCiucu

I have included all 14 (or so) of the Hybrid Graphics notebooks that I know about in the INF. This means they should install and you can test if they will work, but most likely the Intel side will only function proerly on Hybrid Graphics notebooks with an "Intel HD Graphics" GPU (i3/i5/i7 CPU).

I will be releasing a version that works on Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel GMA 4500M GPUs hopefully soon. Ironically the M11xR1 (with A05 BIOS) has a Intel GMA 4500M and the Intel side should work on it. It is one of the only with Intel GMA 4500M that I have seen so far that works with these newer Intel drivers.

Most Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel GMA 4500M will require the Intel side to be no higher than 8.10.15.2020.

If you have an Intel GMA 4500M (excluding the M11xR1) and try these, your computer may boot into windows with a black screen and give a black screen any time switched to the Intel GPU. If your computer has an Intel GMA 4500M and these work fine for you please let me know.

So

Intel HD Graphics & M11xR1 users = the Nvidia 265.90/ Intel 2226 package "should" work assuming I have configured everything correctly for your model.

Intel GMA 4500M users = the Nvidia 265.90/ Intel 2226 package will most likely result in a black screen when switched to the Intel side. I will be releasing a Nvidia 265.90/ Intel 2020 package for Intel GMA 4500M users that the Intel portion should function correctly with.

Ok Nautis,i'm waiting for your realese soon. Thx for help.

Cheers.

So

ok, reading all that has given me a headache :S if you could, would you point me to which drivers to use when you release them? I have a 4500MHD with 240M nvidia card.

cheers.

bear in mind, im really not interested in what version of the intel drivers you include. I only intend to use the nvidia card.

I have tried switching to discrete graphics in the bios, but it seems to have no effect on my laptop (Acer Aspire 5935G)

I currently have Hybrid Graphics Master Set - Nvidia 265.90/Intel 2226 64bit uploaded for testing here. It should cover all Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel HD. It is very much still in testing and USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Make sure if you test these to do the driver signing & test mode as seen in the first post or they will not work. I cant guarantee it will work as I haven't had testing with all Intel HD based Hybrid Graphics notebooks yet. So this is still in the alpha/beta stage.

this driver does not work with my HP DM3-1150el system(the same of the INFs)

the problem seems to be intel 2226 that crashes the system, is there any way to use older drivers??

AndehX: Have you tried installing the standard Nvidia drivers when the bios is set to discrete?

That's usually the way it works.

Tried it, doesn't work with my laptop. The bios option to switch to discrete graphics, seems to have no effect for some reason. Still defaults to intel graphics.

Guest zchay7e

Hi Nautis,

tried your new 265 alpha/beta driver set on my M11x R1 with switchable graphics on Windows 7 Pro 64bit, results are as follows:

-Drivers installed no problem, no sound driver issues

-Switching is broken in this release, I can switch to Intel, but cannot switch back to Nvidia. The icon indicates that I switched to performance mode but nothing is actually happening and in fact Win 7 stays in intel mode. Re-pressing the switch button doesnt do anything, just brings up the icon indicating performance mode.

Installing right now. Seems to work. BUT: Just got the black screen issue, but it was ONLY monitor switching to the second one!!! So with [win]+[p] ->

-> [enter] I got the screen back!

Hopefully all drivers will be updated, and even the new HD-Audio drivers work...let you know

EDIT1: So, after reboot, I got the unactivated drivers, INTEL was yellowed, NVidia was set as working! So I signed both drivers, restart, than I didnt even see the logon-screen, just absolut black screen! No way to get a picture. So it seems that the Intel driver is doing here something wrong, so having this package with the functional 2020 Intel driver will probably work!

Now I tried in recovery-mode, to install the last Intel drivers, let me see if that works...let you know

EDIT2: Nope, installing the old Intel drivers via device-manager failed. After enabling NVidia drivers dont work, got no NVidia control panel. So I will reinstall clean way, not update like. Let you know...

Edited by Freak

Okay, so to have a real comparison, I am now using the 260.99 WHQL NVidia official drivers. I'll test a bit, till Nauti gives me a 265.90 package with old Intel drivers, so I can use them.

So, I went in my bios, DISABLED HYBRID, than selected "NVidia" as standart gpu. Maybe the name differse a lot for your bios. But there should be two options, first DISABLE HYBRID, than change to the wanted device. Works?

Hello guys,

I took myself some time and began to run some benchmarks with different drivers provided by Nautis - Thanks to him.

Note that you shouldn't put too much weight in the results and choose the drivers based on this. The performance will

vary in games and battery consumption and therefore these performance test doesn't say that much. Anyway, It's good to be able to compare them a bit

and now that i made them i just wanted to share the results =).

I've tested 4 drivers with 3dmark 06 and got the following results:

Official Asus drivers

3dmark score: 3420

SM 2.0 score: 1365

SM 3.0 score: 1317

CPU score: 1546

w. 197.16

3dmark score: 3623

SM 2.0 score: 1429

SM 3.0 score: 1432

CPU score: 1564

w. 197.16 Overclocked (19xx Mhz)

3dmark score: 3664

SM 2.0 score: 1425

SM 3.0 score: 1430

CPU score: 1728

w. 258.96

3dmark score: 3475

SM 2.0 score: 1372

SM 3.0 score: 1352

CPU score: 1574

w. 260.63

3dmark score: 3474

SM 2.0 score: 1370

SM 3.0 score: 1354

CPU score: 1569

/Madswk

Installation work but had black screen after reboot on benq s42.

So for you guys that have the blackscreen after reboot: What exact Intel gpu do you have? I have the GMA 4500HD, named Series4. With this on my little laptop these drivers install.

Maybe I try to activate Intel gpu ONLY, and see which Intel drivers version works.

So it must be the melting NVidia and Intel that causes the blackscreen. Hope Nauti finds something.

Cant wait for new drivers to bad the OEM manufacturers doesnt care, it should be their job.

Lucky us to have guys like nauti. You say no ETA, but do you think it's months weeks or days to a new release?

Guest Baoyuan Liu

I'm a newcomer here. I have downloaded the new master set. My laptop is Sony VPCZ12MGX. Do I only need to uninstall the older driver and install the new driver? It seems that it doesn't work. When I install it and restart, the hotkey doesn't work, and the resolution of the screen changed to be like the graphic card is not working at all. Is there anything that I should do?

Sorry, but things like that are going to drive me crazy!

Read the first post COMPLETLY! Do everything that is written there. As you say "Do I only..." I can see that you have done the self-quick-way, not the way that is HIGLY adviced in the first post! So, go back there and voila it will work if you hardware fits!

Beside that, I have given adviced to this problem on many pages here. So even if you cannot follow the first post (where ANYTHING needed is written!) you should have found the solution with the forum search enginge. ninja.gif

Back to topic: @Nauti: I tried to aks before, but didnt got an answer yet. For me and many others, I guess, we all need drivers for NVidia+Intel GMA4500HD, Intel Series4 Chipset, the integrated graphic acceleration. Beside that, there are near realy new IntelHD chips, using brand new drivers and therefore a special driverpackage, or am I wrong? If not, why alway trying to get the IntelHD drivers in the package? So for me, the newest package doesnt work, because of the new Intel drivers.

So would be awesome if you could squeeze the "old" newer Intel4500HD drivers to the 265.90 NVidia. Beside that, awesome work you do, as always and forever long! amen.gif

Edited by Freak

Guest unregistered

So Intel HD Graphics & M11xR1 users = the Nvidia 265.90/ Intel 2226 package "should" work assuming I have configured everything correctly for your model.Intel GMA 4500M users = the Nvidia 265.90/ Intel 2226 package will most likely result in a black screen when switched to the Intel side. I will be releasing a Nvidia 265.90/ Intel 2020 package for Intel GMA 4500M users that the Intel portion should function correctly with.

Freak, I believe that's exactly what Nautis is planning to do, based on the quote.

Guest Baoyuan Liu

I'm using VPCZ12MGX and have tested the newest master set driver, which is HGMS_N26590_I2226_x64

What I do is

(1)Uninstall the original driver and clean the system

(2)Install the new driver

(3)Use DSEO to enable the Test Mode

(4)Sign the two .sys files

When I restart the system, the driver is very unstable. If I put the hotkey to STAMINA, I can hardly change to the SPEED mode. If I put the hot key to the speed when restart, the start sound of windows become slow and the screen turn black when starting the GT 330M. Only when I hibernate the system and start it again, the GT 330M can work.

By the way, I'm wondering whether I can install a normal driver which is not for the hybrid system and mod the INF, and just use my GT 330M, cause the hybrid driver is not stable now and I really want to use CUDA 3.2. Thank you