LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

For me it seems to be the Intel driver that fails, because after this package install, right after the Win7 logo, I got black screen, the NVidia part starts later, NVidia is activated later, just before login.

By the way, I'm wondering whether I can install a normal driver which is not for the hybrid system and mod the INF, and just use my GT 330M, cause the hybrid driver is not stable now and I really want to use CUDA 3.2. Thank you

Yes you can! hehe

Go in your bios, there you must deactivate hybrid, than activate the NVidia to be used. Then you boot windows, install latest NVidia official drivers and have a lot of fun^^ This is how I play now, till the 265 package is out for my "old" Intel set^^

Edited by Freak

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Guest Alexander

I`d like to know some information.

I`m using ASUS UL30VT @ official 186.88. My OS is Win7 32bit

Can I upgrade my drivers to latest version (what are they, what instruction I must use)?

Can I use NVIDIA Optimus Technology at my machine?

Thanks for answers and sorry for my English :)

Go to NVidia.com select your graphic-card and you'll see in a second what driver you get.

Please note, that for 32-bit, the latest driver HERE is 191.xx !!!

Guest Baoyuan Liu

For me it seems to be the Intel driver that fails, because after this package install, right after the Win7 logo, I got black screen, the NVidia part starts later, NVidia is activated later, just before login.

Yes you can! hehe

Go in your bios, there you must deactivate hybrid, than activate the NVidia to be used. Then you boot windows, install latest NVidia official drivers and have a lot of fun^^ This is how I play now, till the 265 package is out for my "old" Intel set^^

I'm using SONY VPCZ12MGX, but I can't find an option in the BIOS to deactivate the hybrid mode. Has anyone found it?

On many laptops some bios options are not VISIBLE to "normal" users. There should be a "hidden" way to excess the full bios options, but maybe you need a proffesional bios-firmware from sony for your system.

All this is meant to protect hardware against wrong use. Nice one *thumbs up* ... -_-

Hi, I have an Acer 8472TG with Intel HD / Nvidia GT330M graphics. Using the latest driver (N26590_I2226_x64) disables switching for me. Is there any way to reenable it?

Be sure you have installed a clean way! Use NastyFileRemover after deinstallation.

Or go back to your stock drivers...

Edited by Freak

Guest Daniel

Hey,

I've got an UL80VT and the 260.63/2020 drivers don't work, the nvidia card can't start due to driver issues. The 265.90/2226 also don't work with my intel card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Hello guys,

I took myself some time and began to run some benchmarks with different drivers provided by Nautis...

I've tested 4 drivers with 3dmark 06 and got the following results:

Official Asus drivers

3dmark score: 3420

SM 2.0 score: 1365

SM 3.0 score: 1317

CPU score: 1546

w. 197.16

3dmark score: 3623

SM 2.0 score: 1429

SM 3.0 score: 1432

CPU score: 1564

w. 197.16 Overclocked (19xx Mhz)

3dmark score: 3664

SM 2.0 score: 1425

SM 3.0 score: 1430

CPU score: 1728

w. 258.96

3dmark score: 3475

SM 2.0 score: 1372

SM 3.0 score: 1352

CPU score: 1574

w. 260.63

3dmark score: 3474

SM 2.0 score: 1370

SM 3.0 score: 1354

CPU score: 1569

/Madswk

Hey Madswk, Nice post.

Any chance you can add a few other details to this such as some FPS in a few games, just to show the variety in speeds?

Also, according to your results, the best driver is 197.16 in terms of performance ?

Cheers,

Gedsdead

Hey Madswk, Nice post.

Any chance you can add a few other details to this such as some FPS in a few games, just to show the variety in speeds?

Also, according to your results, the best driver is 197.16 in terms of performance ?

Cheers,

Gedsdead

Currently I'm running with 260.63 which work as it should and it's doing pretty good in games too.

I haven't tested the other drivers in games though, but you shouldn't put so much in these 3d-mark scores. Some games run better with one driver while other games run better with other drivers.

But I'm sure that the latest Nvidia drivers would be a good(best) choice.

Currently I'm running with 260.63 which work as it should and it's doing pretty good in games too.

I haven't tested the other drivers in games though, but you shouldn't put so much in these 3d-mark scores. Some games run better with one driver while other games run better with other drivers.

But I'm sure that the latest Nvidia drivers would be a good(best) choice.

Where do you get these drivers for the UL80vt? The first post mentions a different version? Also, other than the version number, do we just follow the first post or is there something else to do?

Thanks

Where do you get these drivers for the UL80vt? The first post mentions a different version? Also, other than the version number, do we just follow the first post or is there something else to do?

Thanks

I got it from a post in this thread somewhere. Dont know if it's still up.

I got it from a post in this thread somewhere. Dont know if it's still up.

I guess I would like to see the 1st post updated to clarify things. Looks like the last update to it was 6 months ago! Hopefully, it will be soon, and those confused about what version to use will have more guidance.

I'm currently using the 197.16 package from this thread. http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/474538-modded-197-16-hybrid-graphics-driver-ul30-50-80vt.html I settled on these as I had issues with some of the other driver packages on this current thread.

My issue is that I am using an external monitor via HDMI that has a non standard resolution of 1680x1050. The drivers will not show this resolution and the add a custom resolution is grayed out. Could you tell me how force resolution manually? Interestingly, This monitor worked fine at native res. with the other drivers on this current thread.

Also, would it be possible for you to point me to the latest w/i 3 months) 64 bit pack for my ul30vt? I have read this thread fairly thoroughly but it's becoming slightly confusing.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Hey, just tried the first time HDMI.

Its tricky! First make sure, you select the external TV-Monitor (LCD). Than activate a resolution the monitor can handle. The 1024x800(720) shoudl work on every model. Then, without clicking anywhere else, the greyed button should be pressable. For me, with original 260.99 drivers (disabled Intel), I need to activate a resolution, than I can hit "change resolution" or the greyed button.

Another curious thing, I have realy high contrast via HDMI, lowering on TV or via NVidia settings is not satisfying...so I went back to good old VGA. Because my TV only supports 1360x768 its fine, have no idea what to do, if I got a new one that has Full-HD...then I will have to take a deeper look...

So, I am waiting for a new package from Nauti, that includes new NVidia+Intel GMA4500HD drivers...realy looking for them ^^

I want 32Bit Driver X4500 + GF9600!!

Hey, just tried the first time HDMI.

Another curious thing, I have realy high contrast via HDMI, lowering on TV or via NVidia settings is not satisfying...so I went back to good old VGA. Because my TV only supports 1360x768 its fine, have no idea what to do, if I got a new one that has Full-HD...then I will have to take a deeper look...

likely you'll have to trick the driver into thinking that what you've hooked up to the HDMI is NOT a tv. otherwise nVidia drivers default to some strange settings that they see fit for TV, not your usual desktop.

i've done this for the past several years when my main monitor has been an LCD tv. creating a non-standard refresh rate & force the use of that. mine's 62Hz.

OK, first go and get a x64 Windows7! Games are going to be smoother, for some frames per second. If you want real boost, get 8GB RAM, pick 2-4 GB as RamDisk, put every temp stuff in it, and you'll have a speed-runner! ONLY doable with a 64bit system! 32bit is dying! Face that!

likely you'll have to trick the driver into thinking that what you've hooked up to the HDMI is NOT a tv. otherwise nVidia drivers default to some strange settings that they see fit for TV, not your usual desktop.

i've done this for the past several years when my main monitor has been an LCD tv. creating a non-standard refresh rate & force the use of that. mine's 62Hz.

Thanks, this was my idea too. But its hard to find the max refresh rate for my tv, though. Guess I have to test more over...

Thanks, this was my idea too. But its hard to find the max refresh rate for my tv, though. Guess I have to test more over...

Nvidia and HDMI couldn't be easier. Me thinks.

I'm using TVs Full-HD and HD quite a bit via an Alienware M11x notebook.

Gaming or just watching a video via HDMI on a 50" Full-HD from a notebook is quite a treat.

Using Windows 7 64bit mostly the screen resolution is spot on and HDMI in conjunction with Windows7 easily detects the TV brands I've used Sony and Panasonic.

On the Panasonic I had to turn off the over scan to get the correct scaling for 1920x1080p

But to compliment all this a new Nvidia hybrid driver set would be nice. :)

Guest adsfolk

we should wait for a new buggy release of new buggy drivers that doesn't work instead of a new less-buggy release of the same old less-buggy drivers

in these way we wont have a single "stable" release, never.

After a lot of testing with my asus ul50vt i could post my experience with the 260.63/2020 Driver i has tested it first with a uninstall of the old driver

and cleaning the system. I has worked but not realy it was only possible to switch one time without reboot and many programms has blocked.

With a clean and new windows 7 installation it works all very well. I could play fallout new vegas in 1366*768 with real low detail and performance packed.

Only one thing works not perfect, a full hd monitor on hdmi if i set it as second display hdcp is not activated and the picture is not so good.

If i set the full hd monitor as screen one hdcp is activated and the picture is perfect.

Thanks a lot to nauti