• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

perhaps few people use XP, we love this mod,only vista and win 7?not fair!

Just upgrade from XP to Windows 7 and stfu. The nerve you have to complain that his excellent and FREE work for us is unfair.

Edited by Hidavi

ok I won't say anything now,but i hope DOX will make a version for XP and that's the last version for XP is that ok ?

M980NU, SLI GTX 280M, QX9300, 4GB RAM, Win7 64x (7100)

Installed it with the recommended physx 909.02.04( and .0448)

Now when I press the right-mouse-button on the desktop it takes 5 seconds till the menu appears.

When I play games with SLI enabled and fullscreen my game starts flashing. Everything which is dark has a blue flashing.. blue bars flashing in and out.

Can someone tell me what is wrong with my Notebook? GPU? Driver? My fault? Resellers fault?

Thanks for reading, I hope somebody can help me.

Edited by dynamite

Uninstall physx and display driver, then install 186.03? right?

edit..

Also got installed from my reseller, nvidia ethernet driver components, -nforce system management, - smu driver. uninstall those too?

Edited by dynamite

I'm having an issue with my M17x- Hybrid w/280M SLI. Anything after version 182.46 doesn't work. It just shows pastel colors mainly green. Shutting off the integrated graphics doesn't help. I'm just wondering what changed after version 182.46 that could have possibly caused this. BTW, your 182.46 have been working great and will keep using them if there are no updates. Thanks!

Uninstall physx and display driver, then install 186.03? right?

edit..

Also got installed from my reseller, nvidia ethernet driver components, -nforce system management, - smu driver. uninstall those too?

1) Yes right

2) No leave those alone!

I'm having an issue with my M17x- Hybrid w/280M SLI. Anything after version 182.46 doesn't work. It just shows pastel colors mainly green. Shutting off the integrated graphics doesn't help. I'm just wondering what changed after version 182.46 that could have possibly caused this. BTW, your 182.46 have been working great and will keep using them if there are no updates. Thanks!

Try installing on Standard singl/sli option.

Hybrid setting is buggy with this release.

Problem persits? then try nvidia's 186.03

Nope I still got those flashing bars.. but with 1 GPU they dont show up. ;/

Also when I have SLI Enabled and run the game in a window it does not show up either..

Edited by dynamite

Try installing on Standard singl/sli option.

Hybrid setting is buggy with this release.

Problem persits? then try nvidia's 186.03

Still the same problem even if I turn off the integrated card and install single/sli option. I'd still rather run the Dox 182.46 drivers over the nvidia 186.03 drivers. I just thought it was weird that the 182.46 and previous versions work but anything newer does not. Thanks for the response.

Edited by Mandrake-NBR

Hi im having some problems with the m17x (friend actually tried helping with remote assistance). Problem is that its only running the 9400m and not using any discrete graphics even with games running (gtx 260m sli). It would be easier for me to figure this out in person but im unable to currently. I was trying to update his drivers using typical method i always use uninstall driver/physx reboot install the new one. I first tried dox 185.85 the 186.03 whql and (official on the website 179.85) it was giving some error showing like can not run windows 32bit installer (or sumtin like that). However he has vista home premium x64. Any advice on how to use the discrete cars would be helpful.(he does not even care about the 9400 working because its a desktop replace for him so 260m's 100% is fine).

thanks in advance

Thank you so much Dox!!

ok I won't say anything now,but i hope DOX will make a version for XP and that's the last version for XP is that ok ?

Sorry for sounding like an a******, man.

But no, 185.85 is Dox's fastest release yet. Just make the jump to 7; its way better than XP ever was.

I understand how you feel about the loss of Dox's XP support, I'd switch back to XP myself if he'd just do an occasional driver for XP, like for AAA game releases like Dragon Age and Bioshock2 so they run right. Vista is too CPU intensive for a laptop CPU, XP is so much better for getting the most out of what are generally slower CPUs. I can't go less than 27 processes in Vista64 and I can go 12 processes in XP. That's like 80-100 points on the CPU score of 3DMark06. Not a lot overall, but a lot when you don't have much to begin with.

Hi im having some problems with the m17x (friend actually tried helping with remote assistance). Problem is that its only running the 9400m and not using any discrete graphics even with games running (gtx 260m sli). It would be easier for me to figure this out in person but im unable to currently. I was trying to update his drivers using typical method i always use uninstall driver/physx reboot install the new one. I first tried dox 185.85 the 186.03 whql and (official on the website 179.85) it was giving some error showing like can not run windows 32bit installer (or sumtin like that). However he has vista home premium x64. Any advice on how to use the discrete cars would be helpful.(he does not even care about the 9400 working because its a desktop replace for him so 260m's 100% is fine).

thanks in advance

Im not 100% sure but is there a hardware switch on the laptop that switches from integrated to discrete cards on Alienware machines?

I thinks theres an "FN" + another button to toggle this.

He should referer to the instruction manual for this though.

I understand how you feel about the loss of Dox's XP support, I'd switch back to XP myself if he'd just do an occasional driver for XP, like for AAA game releases like Dragon Age and Bioshock2 so they run right. Vista is too CPU intensive for a laptop CPU, XP is so much better for getting the most out of what are generally slower CPUs. I can't go less than 27 processes in Vista64 and I can go 12 processes in XP. That's like 80-100 points on the CPU score of 3DMark06. Not a lot overall, but a lot when you don't have much to begin with.

I didn't realise so many people would prefer my driver over official releases from XP.

I dont want to sound like I'm blowing my trumpet or anything.

I am considering an XP return purely because of this fact, but it wont have hybrid support though,

I will probably discontinue this once Windows 7 is officially released,

if windows 7 is released before I come out of hibernation, I'll release an XP version on the next release, when ever that maybe.

Guest btogrman

Does any Overclocking app other than RivaTuner work with these? I keep doing the RivaTuner fix for various drivers including 185.86 WHQL straight from nvidia, but it just won't work. Before I download DOX's I want to know if it's compatible with something else.

I didn't realise so many people would prefer my driver over official releases from XP.

Of course they'd prefer your drivers over official XP releases, your's perform better. People stick with XP for the extra performance they can squeeze out of their system in the first place. So of course XP + your drivers = WIN!

Dear Dox since I cannot PM you I will ask in your topic.

I need help with specific matter.

Tried everything so far.

To make it as brief as possible I will show you what this is about:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090721064744015&board_id=3&model=A7Sn&SLanguage=en-us

http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12877

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=26655385#post26655385

I think you might be the man I should turn to for help so I thought it wont hurt to ask.

If you or anybody on this forum could help me I beg you please do. Im desperate to solve this problem.