LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Guest crazed

Please bring back the quadro drivers. New dells such as the e6400-e6500's have them.

If not what should we use for best performance? I know you don't have much time but why do you not include these anymore?

Crazed

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

use the official 186.03 driver from nvidia

good drivers but can't overclock cuz rivatuner won't even detect them

Reminder to all of you who fail to overclock these drivers with RivaTuner 2.24 :

The reason is RivaTuner 2.24 does not natively support these drivers, but you can forcefully emulate them.

To all those who are complaining about RivaTuner not working with these drivers, you can get back most functionality by forcing the driver version in the "Power User" settings. To do that, follow these steps:

1.) Open RivaTuner

2.) Open the "Power User" tab (third tab at the top)

3.) Click the "Open Database" button (first icon of a folder at the bottom)

4.) Browse for and open the "RivaTuner.rtd" database file (normally found in the RivaTuner root folder)

5.) Make sure "Hexadecimal Display" and "Protect Database Entries" buttons are unselected/off (5th and 6th buttons on the bottom)

6.) Expand "RivaTuner \ System" (should be the first one in the list)

7.) Scroll down to "ForceDriverVersion", double-click in the "Value" area next to it, and enter 18585

You should be able to do the normal custom stuff and get more accurate temperature readings now. RivaTuner is in "Driver Emulation Mode", and will still say "No Supported Drivers", but it will work...

Enjoy. :)

I was just wondering, what is the resolution 1768 x 992? Is it to do with HDMI overscan, because using it via HDMI to my 47" LCD just nearly fills up the screen (slightly not wide enough so 1cm black bars on the left and right borders of the screen) unlike 1920x1080 which is supposed to be the native resolution but magnificently rolls off the sides of my TV panel.

but magnificently rolls off the sides of my TV panel.

Nvidia Control Panel has a setting to allow screen resizing.

Guest Dysic

I have a Gateway p7805u.

I want my computer to run GTA 4 smoothly. Is this the best driver?

Also, I installed physx 8.09.04, and then version 9.09.0428. When I checked in Programs/Features, I saw that versions showed up. Then when I restarted computer, the older version disappeared. Also, how do I check to see which version is installed?

Hey, my Laptop is Crashing in almost every Game, for Example Need for Speed Most Wanted and Assasins Creed. There are some crashes after Minutes. Then I cant play for 1 minute. then the game is running for a few seconds, than a crash again. At the End I have A Bluescreen. Im Using Windows 7 build 7229. All Drivers and Direct X is installed.

Please help me!

I have a Gateway p7805u.

I want my computer to run GTA 4 smoothly. Is this the best driver?

Also, I installed physx 8.09.04, and then version 9.09.0428. When I checked in Programs/Features, I saw that versions showed up. Then when I restarted computer, the older version disappeared. Also, how do I check to see which version is installed?

I'm not sure if this driver is the fastest driver for GTA IV but its modded toprovide improved performance over the in modded driver of the same version.

Dont worry, you've done everything for physX installation right :)

Hey, my Laptop is Crashing in almost every Game, for Example Need for Speed Most Wanted and Assasins Creed. There are some crashes after Minutes. Then I cant play for 1 minute. then the game is running for a few seconds, than a crash again. At the End I have A Bluescreen. Im Using Windows 7 build 7229. All Drivers and Direct X is installed.

Please help me!

try this driver instead: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/geforce_not...48_beta_uk.html

Thank you! But Now I have tried you Vista_185.68, the release before this. All is running good. your XP_185.68 on my windows xp(now its win7) ran good too. Why is the 185.85 not working for me?

Sorry for my English!

P.S. 179.48(you've posted) or your 185.68? Whats the Difference?

Thank you very,very much!

Guest Guest

Why does powermizer disable when i plug in my external display (Using HDMI) It's stuck at maximum performance... Is this really normal?

Thanks for the great work you do for us laptop owners Doc!

Thank you! But Now I have tried you Vista_185.68, the release before this. All is running good. your XP_185.68 on my windows xp(now its win7) ran good too. Why is the 185.85 not working for me?

Sorry for my English!

P.S. 179.48(you've posted) or your 185.68? Whats the Difference?

Thank you very,very much!

179.48 is the official nvidia notebook driver which supports geforce go 7 series cards natively, which is why it may work better for you.

If you want to know the difference in the drivers just read the offficial release notes in both drivers from nvidia's website.

Why does powermizer disable when i plug in my external display (Using HDMI) It's stuck at maximum performance... Is this really normal?

Thanks for the great work you do for us laptop owners Doc!

This is normal. I'm not sure why, only Nvidia knows.

Guest ALZARD

Hardware: GM45+NV 9600 GT 256 DDR3

Thank for Dox's fantastical work, now my BenQ Joybook S-42 PT-01 was boosted. Anyway, something bad happened...

1. Comparing to official driver provided by BenQ, the battery duration was reduced from 2.5 hrs to 1 hrs since I have installed Dox's C driver...(just doing some chores like listen to music or surf Internet)

2. In GM45 mode, when I clicked graphic property of intel, it could not be shown correctly with initial page.(no options could be selected, other pages was fine)

3. In GM45 mode, crash sometimes happens....

Following are some problems which I have encountered, I was just wondering is there any similar situation happen to someone?

Hey DOX, I'm curious to know if this is a common bug. Since I began using your drivers (which have worked great and resulted in lower temperatures as well), I've been having problems with external VGA monitors. HDMI monitors work fine, but D-sub monitors refuse to display images. I don't know the reason for this and have not been able to figure it out.

The laptop display works just fine. What's funny is Windows will believe there is an external display (But may roll through about 3 different connection cycles) and even get all the monitors information due to PnP, and even output as such (resulting in PowerMizer disabling), but there will be zero output to the external monitor which continues to flash its power indicator off an on as if there is no solid signal.

To Dox -

This is the best release ever. Currently running this on my Asus M50vm laptop Win 7 x64 stable. I was running previously on the 186 WHQL drivers but I had many problems both in-game and on the desktop.

Keep up the great work,

NitrousX.

Edited by NitrousX

Hey DOX, I'm curious to know if this is a common bug. Since I began using your drivers (which have worked great and resulted in lower temperatures as well), I've been having problems with external VGA monitors. HDMI monitors work fine, but D-sub monitors refuse to display images. I don't know the reason for this and have not been able to figure it out.

The laptop display works just fine. What's funny is Windows will believe there is an external display (But may roll through about 3 different connection cycles) and even get all the monitors information due to PnP, and even output as such (resulting in PowerMizer disabling), but there will be zero output to the external monitor which continues to flash its power indicator off an on as if there is no solid signal.

I'll look into it for next release.

To Dox -

This is the best release ever. Currently running this on my Asus M50vm laptop Win 7 x64 stable. I was running previously on the 186 WHQL drivers but I had many problems both in-game and on the desktop.

Keep up the great work,

NitrousX.

cheers, I'll try.

I'll look into it for next release.

Thank you, sir. Keep up the excellent work.

Dox edit:

dont bother double posting around here.

Neither your 185.85 version nor standard 185.85 or 186.03 with modded infs works correctly for me for HDMI Audio.
HDMI audio is working fine for me with DOX 185.85.
Nvidia Control Panel has a setting to allow screen resizing.

Thank you. I have honestly never been into the NVIDIA control panel before now because I hate changing any settings when things are generally working. I have my desktop resized now. :)

Edited by namaiki

No issue with external monitors over VGA here. I connect my laptop to a 32" Sony Bravia HDTV over VGA (1360x768).

Guest Quest-Est

My Laptop Based on Asus Z97V gets nvidia kernel driver stoped working error!

And with resolution 1680x1050 i get weird dots while moving cursor and every 3D aplication ends with BSOD.

If i downgrade a resolution to a 1280x800 the colorful running dots are reduced.

Everytime i open IE8 i get that kernel error!

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7100

C2D P8400 2.26GHz

4GB ram

Nvidia Geforce 9650M GT 1GB

Hey Dox,

Thanks so much for this. studio xps 13 user here with hybrid sli.

In your 185.85 from a clean install, I can set the SLI mode (boost/save) in the tray.

However, it always defaults to ON upon restart.

Is there any way to make this setting persist?

Guest Denny

One word - Great !!! I couldn't install any drivers for one month, but with this.. Everything works right. Thank you, sou much !

My Laptop Based on Asus Z97V gets nvidia kernel driver stoped working error!

And with resolution 1680x1050 i get weird dots while moving cursor and every 3D aplication ends with BSOD.

If i downgrade a resolution to a 1280x800 the colorful running dots are reduced.

Everytime i open IE8 i get that kernel error!

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7100

C2D P8400 2.26GHz

4GB ram

Nvidia Geforce 9650M GT 1GB

unfortunately with the latest set of drivers for 9650M GT users seems to have this bug.

nvidia will have to fix it.

you should try 186.03 and up and see if that helps.

Hey Dox,

Thanks so much for this. studio xps 13 user here with hybrid sli.

In your 185.85 from a clean install, I can set the SLI mode (boost/save) in the tray.

However, it always defaults to ON upon restart.

Is there any way to make this setting persist?

I dont fully understand?

what defaults to ON?