LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Guest Madswk

Hi guys, have been following the thread for a while now and i'm going to try Nautis' latest work with the new Nvidia 2xx.xx and intel 20xx drivers in a moment. I'm on Asus Ul50vt. Also want to notice that i tried to install the official intel graphic driver for the integraded graphic with no luck (Had to install the manufactures custom drivers), no surprise. Now to the weird part - when i used the vga patch to remove the intel vga driver, Windows Update automatically downloaded and installed the new intel graphic driver version 2119. I dont know how, but did you guys knew that it was possible?

Regards Madswk

Nvm, I just found out that is possible to install the newest intel driver manual.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Madswk

Okay, have installed Nautis's latest work and followed the guide and it went well without any problems. Have played around with it a little and have found following good and bad things.

- I can switch between the integrated and discrete graphics without problems while the G210M is disabled when the integrated graphic card is chosen. The problem is the GraphiX Boost button which doesn't work which means that you can only swich between the graphic cards in the taskbar in windows.

- Power4Gear works as it should

- The brightness button doesn't work which means you can only adjust the brightness in windows or in Power4Gear

- As for the batterylife i have about 1h15m with 25% remaining (High Performance) with Integrated graphic.

- Haven't tried the performance in games yet..

Most important, thanks for your hard work Nautis.

/

Madswk

Guest deadred

Hi,

I have an Asus UL80VT and this is the first time I've tried upgrading it's hybrid drivers.

To start simply, I installed the Hybrid Graphics Master Set for Win Vista/7 64bit [Nvidia: 191.97 | Intel: 1994] and followed the instructions to sign the drivers. For some reason, the drivers do not seem to be signed correctly, so do not work when I disable test mode.

So my question is, Am I not suppose to disable test mode with Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and just have it remove the annoying watermark?

Also if I plan to test out the newer drivers, should I remove the ones I previously installed?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Guest Safar

Thanks it works..

but im failed to get Fn + F6 on alienware M11x to work properly, but im able to right click on the icon and change it to "Save Power" option

Yesterday, I got the same problem as the one above. With the hardware button NVidia didnt shut down, even the "power-to-save" screen didnt came. BUT I had that thing with the original drivers too!!!! So it seems to me that there is a major problem, that even windows7 is not realy made to handle this.

Solving the problem for me: Reboot with activated NVidia GPU, now switching on/off works. But last time, it took a lot of time till the "power-to-save" screen appeared, than it changed correctly. Maybe its the whitelist/blacklist thing, that is sometimes blocking the switching or make it took a lot time. Nauti, maybe you can take a look at that. When whitelisting just windows functions, it should be work better as whitelisting many third party programs....if so, it'll be bad, but we than know where the problems come frome. Than it could be, that some kind of preinstalled software on the laptops is not whitelisted correctly, therefore the switching is failing. Could that be?

baba

I used this driver on S42 + win7 x64 and only one problem is "auto switch vga card with power plan not work".

Thanks for your work

I used this driver on S42 + win7 x64 and only one problem is "auto switch vga card with power plan not work".

Thanks for your work

In fact that NEVER worked for me, even with original drivers ^^ Maybe its a feature not a bug^^

Im most probably being silly and not doing something properly but I cant get the N25896_I2020_x64_FULL package to install on my VPC Z11 Win7 Vaio with a 330M card. I get to the installer screen but it only reports the Audio driver for installation. Is this correct or should the package be working on my machine?

Thanks a lot for all information and work gone into modding there!!

Well okay, now I have a big problem!

Split-screen and double-screen dont work any more. Even not with [windows]+[p] !

In NVidia settings I get the info screen as in the screenshot. This is a near heavy problem, because split-screen I use very often. So if you could check this and find the correct settings it'll be very nice! "multi-gpu-..." is set, so I dont have a clou what to do else...

thumb_7492316Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by Freak

Im most probably being silly and not doing something properly but I cant get the N25896_I2020_x64_FULL package to install on my VPC Z11 Win7 Vaio with a 330M card. I get to the installer screen but it only reports the Audio driver for installation. Is this correct or should the package be working on my machine?

Thanks a lot for all information and work gone into modding there!!

Doesn't work on the VPCZ11. I have had a lot of issues trying to get the drivers on the Z11/12 updated. I have a package I am working on that will be for z11/12 users to test.

Well okay, now I have a big problem!

Split-screen and double-screen dont work any more. Even not with [windows]+[p] !

In NVidia settings I get the info screen as in the screenshot. This is a near heavy problem, because split-screen I use very often. So if you could check this and find the correct settings it'll be very nice! "multi-gpu-..." is set, so I dont have a clou what to do else...

thumb_7492316Unbenannt.jpg

Hmm strange. I saw this on an older 256 series driver the message it gives is that it only works on one display or something, correct? I have an updated INF for that package that will hopefully fix some of the issues everyone is running into. Sorry all.

Absolut correct, I put the translation under the information.

So, can you give me the inf? Or do you have a newer package? I could test the 2141 Intel drivers also.

bb

In fact that NEVER worked for me, even with original drivers ^^ Maybe its a feature not a bug^^

It work for me when I used Dox's mod driver v185.85.

Doesn't work on the VPCZ11. I have had a lot of issues trying to get the drivers on the Z11/12 updated. I have a package I am working on that will be for z11/12 users to test.

Thanks for the reply. It would be great to have a package to test. Especially so since I seem to have completely messed my up drivers in an attempt to get Cuda 3.1 working. I have reverted to the drivers from the Sony Vaio website but the following problems persist - ALL OpenGL programs hang and crash on start up; switching from NVIDIA to Intel results in black screen; slower booting time (marginal). On the flip side Cuda 3.1 work with D3D despite the driver being too old for it....... Sadly I reverted all code to OpenGL this year and need to get that working again. Hmm any ideas?

Thanks

Guest nintendojoe49

New to the forums but found the link from notebookreview.com to here, tried these out, and, unfortunately, didn't get good results.

I'm on an Asus UL50VT and there are several things wrong (mostly what you already heard I'm sure)

1. Automatic GPU switching is broken, must click on the taskbar and manually switch (regardless of P4G version as well)

2. G210M never fully powers down

3. Brightness on Intel is broken

4. Have had "driver has stopped responding and recovered successfully" error while switching once

On the plus side, CUDA, OpenCL, DirectCompute all working perfectly and with better results than with the other 197.16 drivers I was using. Can't tell if Flash 10.1 HD acceleration is working thouhg

Guest Sculder

I'm also new to this forum and I have a Ul80Vt. It works exactly as nintendojoe49 said. The g210m never powers down completely...It's with the arrow in the device manager.

So I ended up with 197.16.

I also want to thank you for your work

I'm also new to this forum and I have a Ul80Vt. It works exactly as nintendojoe49 said. The g210m never powers down completely...It's with the arrow in the device manager.

So I ended up with 197.16.

I also want to thank you for your work

I have the ul80vt and followed these directions and made it myself the ones nautis modified and uploaded didnt work for some reason.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/474538-modded-197-16-hybrid-graphics-driver-ul30-50-80vt.html

i am now running 197.16 and the default version of P4G hybrid from the ul80vt support page.

i have all the features and the nv gpu powers down properly.

I can OC a massive amount and its totally stable, only wish it was official from Asus, but thats never going to happen :)

Guest nintendojoe49

I have the ul80vt and followed these directions and made it myself the ones nautis modified and uploaded didnt work for some reason.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/474538-modded-197-16-hybrid-graphics-driver-ul30-50-80vt.html

i am now running 197.16 and the default version of P4G hybrid from the ul80vt support page.

i have all the features and the nv gpu powers down properly.

I can OC a massive amount and its totally stable, only wish it was official from Asus, but thats never going to happen :)

I haven't been able to overclock much at all on my ul50vt. For whatever reason, with anything but the 258.96 driver, BAd Company 2 just dies with an overclock of much more than like 15% on the GPU. The best framerates I ever got were with teh 258 driver, and it was rock solid compared to the 186 or 197's, but with school starting I need the battery life from a working hybrid driver. I'm actually considering returning to the 186's just for the framerates (which aren't much better than the 197s, but that 5 fps or so can make a big difference when the framerate dips low).

I haven't been able to overclock much at all on my ul50vt. For whatever reason, with anything but the 258.96 driver, BAd Company 2 just dies with an overclock of much more than like 15% on the GPU. The best framerates I ever got were with teh 258 driver, and it was rock solid compared to the 186 or 197's, but with school starting I need the battery life from a working hybrid driver. I'm actually considering returning to the 186's just for the framerates (which aren't much better than the 197s, but that 5 fps or so can make a big difference when the framerate dips low).

i agree, the 186 isn't much faster than 197 but it has cuda which i really like and use a lot.

i switched the thermal paste from the stock to some MX2 for much better results

Guest mangos47

Hi Nautis,

I'm a benq S42 owner and thanks for your wonderful work which allows me to run win7 64bit on my laptop.

I was using 197.19 previously and it was almost perfect, except that I cant run multiple screen with intel gfx, but using nvidia's no problem.

I recently upgraded to your newer release 258.96. However, the installation gave me some problem, saying "... core component cannot install...". So I did a clean install of win7 and finnaly get the driver installed. But there are other 2 problems, not serious but if solved would be better.

first problem is that after hibernation on intel graphics, the system resumes and automatically switch to nvidia graphics. This didn't happen on 197.19.

second problem is that nvidia driver cannot use "duplicate screen" or "clone screen" when I connect an external monitor or projector. I can choose to display the desktop on laptop LCD OR external monitor, but cannot on both simultaneously. I get a message when I try to tick both screen from nvidia panel "this GPU supports single screen" or sth like that. with intel graphics I cant even display on external monitor.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or just my bad luck. Anyway, would love to hear your comments on this.

Thanks!

Hi Nautis,

I'm a benq S42 owner and thanks for your wonderful work which allows me to run win7 64bit on my laptop.

I was using 197.19 previously and it was almost perfect, except that I cant run multiple screen with intel gfx, but using nvidia's no problem.

I recently upgraded to your newer release 258.96. However, the installation gave me some problem, saying "... core component cannot install...". So I did a clean install of win7 and finnaly get the driver installed. But there are other 2 problems, not serious but if solved would be better.

first problem is that after hibernation on intel graphics, the system resumes and automatically switch to nvidia graphics. This didn't happen on 197.19.

second problem is that nvidia driver cannot use "duplicate screen" or "clone screen" when I connect an external monitor or projector. I can choose to display the desktop on laptop LCD OR external monitor, but cannot on both simultaneously. I get a message when I try to tick both screen from nvidia panel "this GPU supports single screen" or sth like that. with intel graphics I cant even display on external monitor.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or just my bad luck. Anyway, would love to hear your comments on this.

Thanks!

Sorry you were having issues getting the driver installed. All credit for the S42 working as well as it is with the newer drivers goes to Namaiki, who worked out the settings. The 256 series and up seems to have all kinds of issues with Hybrid Graphics. I am not sure fixing the issues are a priority for Nvidia since the 256+ series are generally buggy in the first place. You will notice that there hasn't been any OEM release of the newer series for Hybrid Graphics yet. I am working on fixing the multi-head issue ("gpu supports single screen"), this seems to be a universal issue with all Hybrid Graphics notebooks and newer drivers.

Guest Powerengineer

Hello,

Does the double screen issue solved for NVidia card? Now I have the same problem as above - the message that the GPU doesn't support the second screen. I always used only an external screen but now I need two screens for my work. I have vaio VGN-Z series notebook and drivers 258.96 installed.

I am working on fixing the multi-head issue ("gpu supports single screen"), this seems to be a universal issue with all Hybrid Graphics notebooks and newer drivers.

Realy nice to hear this, please give me any new driver update you have, will test it as soon as possible!